BY: Corine Gatti
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is used to help cakes, breads, and cookies to rise. It also has many advantages outside the kitchen. It’s a great deodorizer, antacid, and pain reliever. Here are five benefits of using baking soda to help you get started today!
1. Heartburn: A solution of 1/2 tsp. of baking soda in water can neutralize stomach acids for occasional heartburn.
2. Oral Health: Add two table spoons of baking soda to a glass of warm water for better oral health. Gargling with a baking soda and a warm water solution will relieve sore throat pain.
3. Skin Exfoliation: According to Healthy Communications.com, you can forgo the expensive brands by using baking soda for a natural scrub. Use three parts baking soda to one part water for a paste and apply with your finger tips in a gentle circular motion. Follow with a warm damp washing cloth to remove.
4. First Aid: Make a paste of baking soda and water to relieve sunburn and bug bites. The mix can be used to combat itching caused by chicken pox or a skin rash.
5. Carpet Deodorizer: Got pets? Sprinkle baking soda on the rugs where pets sleep and then vacuum for a quick carpet deodorizer. You can also add baking soda to the cat litter to absorb odors and moisture.
Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Health/Healthy-Living/5-Household-Baking-Soda-Tips.aspx?p=2#ixzz1e4b9qTH7